We are still open for business, and yes we are considered essential.
The Dogs On The Farm family is here for you and your pets during this national emergency. We intend to remain open for daycare and boarding for as long as the crisis lasts and beyond.
Some of you are essential personnel and/or medical staff. We are here to help take care of your pets. Most of you are working from home or helping your kids virtual school. This can be challenging enough but becomes even more so when your pets want to help out in the process. They are attention hounds who want to join in the fun. They enjoy their routines and schedules, too. Dogs who are used to going to daycare or the dog park may experience behavior issues without some kind of fun outlet.
To help alleviate this potential problem, we are offering some solutions, both at Dogs On The Farm and at your home. These solutions all can help with ‘social distancing’ as recommended. If you are interested and able to try them please just give us a shout out or email us. I will also be sending some fun stuff to try at home very soon.
1. ‘Free Valet Service’ – If you bring your dog for daycare, you can remain in your car and text or call the office to have one of our staff come to the car and bring your dog to and from daycare on a sanitized lead. We will wipe down your dog with dog safe wipes both on arrival and pickup.
2. Transportation – We will pick up your pets at your home on the DOTF Bus and bring them to daycare. You may hand off your dog as usual or put him/her in a crate in the garage from where we may take them if you are concerned about social distancing (recommended) ($20 one way; $30 round trip). If you need a crate we can lend one to you for a small fee. ($10 week)
3. We are also very excited to now be offering our HUGE outdoor play yard for rent as a private dog park for you to have a safe space for you to get out and spend time with your pet! When we say HUGE we mean HUGE! Our dog park is 30,000 square feet of space and features some fun dog agility equipment for you to try with your dog. The introductory price to rent the private dog park is just $10 for 30 minutes or $15 for a full hour. Call to reserve a space today
4. Gift card Specials – we are currently offering DOTF gift cards at a discounted rate. We have three options available. Right now you can buy a $110 gift card for just $100 (10% discount), a $575 giftcard for jut $500 (15% discount), or a $1,200 gift card for just $1,000 (20% discount). These gift cards can be applied towards any services (boarding, daycare, grooming, pet sitting). There are a limited number available to call now to purchase!
Even if humans can’t vacation and socialize, your pets still can.
We have planned a worldwide trip for our guests along with a private passport for the next few months. Several days each week will be spent enjoying the food, games, and crafts of a new country. Each time your dog travels with us his/her passport will be stamped and a ticket will go into our raffle drum for free prizes each week! Look for more information on this, coming soon.
– Private Enrichment Dog Daycare – no contact with other dogs, only people;
Cool new enrichment activities, trick training, games and treat toys for the health conscious dog (daycare price +$10)
– Social Distancing Dog Walks – we’ll pick up your pet from your yard, crate, or garage to assist with social distancing ($20)
– Weekly enrichment surprise bag delivered to your doorstep! ($35)
a. Enrichment game (basic agility, nose work, fun stuff such as ‘muffin tin game’)
b. Treat based game like snuffle mat, puzzle solving treat games
c. Trick Training – Weekly online competitions – Show off what your dog can do!
d. Tasty treats for training (alert us to food restrictions)
– Dog waste clean up service (call for pricing)
– Live Stream: Online Dog Yoga class (1x or 2x or 3x a week) (Looking for instructor. If you do yoga we have a video that can help with dog yoga)
Watch for future emails regarding these activities.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about the safety and welfare of your pets. If we don’t know the answer we will find out for you.
We all pray that this emergency ends soon and life can get back to normal, for all of us and for our pets. Be safe.
Thank you for supporting our staff at this difficult time.
Karen, Jason, Liz, Howard, and all the Dogs On The Farm Family